45 gr. stoned dates (2/3 cup)
100 ml. boiling water (1 cup)
1/2 teasp. baking soda
75 gr. butter (1/3 cup)
75 gr. brown sugar (1/3 cup)
1 tblsp. black treacle (molasses)
75 gr. self rising flour (1/2-2/3 cup)
1. Chop dates in a bowl, add to boiling water.
2. Stir in baking soda.
3. Smear a little butter inside ramekins or an oven dish.
4. In a bowl beat together butter + sugar.
5. Beat in treacle followed by egg and flour.
6. Stir in date mixture.
7. Pour into buttered dishes.
Bake in preheated oven for 15-25 minutes (oven 200 degrees F) or 180 degrees C or 400 degrees F, gas 6.
2 thoughts on “Sticky Toffee Pudding”
That’s all British-sounding. Good for 3rdarm, cooking his sweets.
This may well be the first recipe ever posted on 3rdarm.