Further ruminations re: remittances / streamlining the closing manager’s procedure for handling cash tips:
Along with closed checks, cash-out report, and remittance*, the closing manager receives from each server, rounded to the nearest dollar, 25 percent of cash tips*:
11 percent towards support,
10 percent towards the bar,
4 percent towards the front desk.
From the pooled cash tips of all servers*, by position on the roster, the closing manager distributes the following percentages into each of the staff’s individual envelopes which are found underneath the drawer:
44 percent for support:
- with 7 bussers, 6.286 percent each,
- with 6 bussers, 7.333 percent each,
- with 5 bussers, 8.8 percent each,
- with 4 bussers, 11 percent each,
- with 3 bussers, 14.667 percent each,
- with 2 bussers, 22 percent each.
40 percent for the bar:
- with 3 bartenders, 13.333 percent each,
- with 2 bartenders, 20 percent each.
16 percent for the front desk:
- with 3 hosts, 5.333 percent each,
- with 2 hosts, 8 percent each.